|Hello or Hallo!:)|
Cake Pops (40 pcs, big batch!)
sponge cake (4eggs, equal amount of sugar and flour + 1tsp baking powder, optional orange food colouring.)
200grams cream cheese, orange flavour (or natural cream cheese + grated orange zest)
liquorice sauce (hard topping) or black candy melts
wooden skewers/lollipop sticks
1. Bake your sponge in a cake tin or an oven tray at 175degrees until a skewer comes out clean. Let the sponge cool completely.
2. Crumble the sponge into a bowl and add the cream cheese. Mix together thoroughly.
3. Take about a tablespoon of the dough for each cake pop and roll into firm balls. Put them on a tray and place in the refrigerator to cool.
4. While the cake pops are cooling melt the white chocolate (and candy melts).
5. Start the decorating by sticking a skewer into each dough ball, then dipping them in your choice of coating.
6. Add sprinkles, sweets or other details before the coating has a chance to fully set.
7. Keep the finished cake pops in the fridge.
My intention was initially to just bake orange cake pops, both flavour and colour wise, coated in white chocolate and sprinkles. Then I remembered a pair of lovely sugar doctors and their brilliant idea using hard liquorice topping...so I thought I'd give it a go and let me tell you something, it was a really easy and fuss free product to use for this purpose! I will most certainly keep it in my store cupboard from now on!:)
Hope you like and Happy Halloween!