Cupcakes with Philadelphia Frosting (12 large or 18 standard ones)
150grams butter (softened)
2dl caster sugar
2dl plain flour
0,5dl cocoa powder (the good quality kind)
1,5tsp baking powder (1tsp is sufficient)
1tsp vanilla sugar or vanilla powder
250grams philadelphia cream cheese (full fat)
200ml whipping cream
1dl icing sugar
(2tbsp custard powder for a firmer frosting)
1. Beat the butter and sugars until smooth and shiny. Add one egg at a time, making sure the batter is mixed properly after each added egg.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder together in a bowl, then fold it into the egg and sugar mixture.
3. Line a muffin tray with some paper cases and divide the batter evenly into each hole.
4. Bake at 175degrees for 20mins (depending on oven). Let the cupcakes cool on a rack.
5. Once the cupcakes have cool completely. Make the frosting.
6. Using an electric whisk, whip the cream cheese, cream and icing sugar until fluffy. Sift the custard powder into the cream mix while whisking, this will draw some of the moisture out and make the frosting hold its shape a bit better.
7. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes and decorate to your own liking.
For presentation purpose, my friend had this quirky (quirky in a good way!) cupcake/muffin stand for the cupcakes.