1cup rapeseed oil
1,5cups wholegrain wheat flour
1cup ground almonds
2tsp bicarb. of soda
2tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
cinnamon to taste
3cups finely grated carrot
(normally I would add loads of chopped pecans, but this time I had none, so I substituted some of the flour for ground almonds instead.)
1. Preheat oven to 175degrees. Line a rectangular oven tray or two bread loaves with some parchment.
2. Whisk the eggs and sugar until pale. Continue whisking at a lower speed and slowly pour in the vegetable oil and then the grated carrot.
3. Mix the flour, ground almond, salt, cinnamon, soda and baking powder together in a bowl. (if using chopped nuts, add them to the dry ingredients at this point.)
4. Fold the flour mix into the batter and make sure to give it a thorough mix.
5. Pour the whole thing into the prepared tin and bake for 45-50mins, depending on the thickness of the cake. (if baking two higher loaves, they may need some extra time to bake. When a skewer comes out clean, the cake is done.)
(1cup = 2,4dl)