Friday 19 October 2012

Friday's Lunch

A simple salad was on the menu for lunch today. It's half-term for the boys, so they had some hot dogs as a special treat, while I got to fix me a little something with eggs and bacon...two things that my dear husband dislikes from the very bottom of his heart! (I know, strange man!;))






Avocado, Bacon & Egg Salad

arugula (Rucola, Rocket)
lambs lettuce (maché, vuonankaali)
avocado (make sure it is ripe)
boiled egg
streaky bacon (or pancetta if you like)
lemon infused olive oil
balsamic vinegar
squeeze of lemon juice
freshly ground black pepper

I made just the one serving, so use as much as you like of the ingredients depending on how many mouths there are to feed.
This is a very simple tossed salad, normally I would add some nuts, cheese, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, chicken, fish, grapes..the list goes on...(you probably get my drift, throw in anything you fancy :))


I quite enjoyed that!

 Have a good weekend y'all! :)

2 comments: