Double chocolate & chili muffins (12pcs)
50grams good quality dark chocolate (minimum 70%)
80grams white chocolate chopped or white chocolate chips
2 eggs (room temperature)
100grams raw cane sugar
100grams plain flour
20grams cocoa powder (again high quality!)
1tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla sugar
half a red chili, finely chopped or ground to a paste
1. Preheat the oven to 175degrees. Melt the butter and dark chocolate together in a saucepan and set a side to cool slightly. Add the finely chopped chili/chili paste to the melted butter/chocolate.
2. Whisk the eggs, cane sugar and vanilla sugar until frothy and pale. Continue whisking on a lower setting and pour in the melted butter/chocolate/chili mix.
3. Add all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and sift twice. Put the chopped white chocolate/chips in with the dry ingredients. (this will prevent the bits of chocolate from sinking to the bottom of the bowl once added to the batter)
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the batter, but do not over beat at this point. Just make sure all ingredients are incorporated well.
5. Line your muffin tray with paper cases and divide the batter evenly into 12. (if using a standard 12 hole muffin tray.)
6. Bake for about 20mins. (depending on the oven)