Thursday 13 September 2012

A little chatter...

Last Friday my husband and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary. We normally don't do anything special anyway and really only took this as a good reason to get to go out for dinner. No cooking or baking for me then!;)
I had a bottle of champagne (one I got as a gift for my birthday) tucked away and this I thought was a perfect moment to enjoy it, before heading off to the restaurant.



Absolutely delicious with some pistachios!
We had dinner at Cantina Azteca...really nice food, starters, tapas, mains and lighter courses such as salads. Definitely good value! Nothing too posh either...we are more the type to want to enjoy the company of our friends in a low key setting.
The evening was a success...plenty of food and a few margaritas.:)






 
On Saturday I visited my friend and we had a quiet girls night with some pita bread topped with red pesto, cured ham, chilli, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese..quickly toasted off in the oven and garnished with basil leaves and sliced avocado, served with a dollop of sour cream. This time I really had no time to bake my own bread...which was a bit of a shame, but it tasted good nevertheless..it really was down to the toppings. And the combination let me tell you was sooo tasty...will most certainly have it again soon. (obviously next time with home made bread!) 

Suitably spicy!
This sure was a great week-end all in all!

No comments:

Post a Comment